10.12.13

Christmas Came Early

Handbags to me are a bit like crack cocaine is to the Mayor of Toronto...way too difficult to resist. So when Selfridges did their annual twenty percent discount shopping weekend recently, I hotfooted it down there and started browsing for some new shoulder candy/my drug of choice. I can't remember how long I've been lusting after the PS 11 Mini but it feels like forever. How can one bag be so beautiful? It blows my mind how much love I can feel for an inanimate object. *Freudian Face*  But this was really my only chance to own this lil' piece of heaven- coz although maths isn't my strong point- I calculated that even if my sis bought it for me in LA (she's there later this week) it would still work out slightly more expensive than with the Selfridges discount. Sold, to the brain dead fashion addict.
There is a drawback though. Not only is it insanely expensive, but it's also the smallest bag in the world. I mean, it's weeny inside. Miniscule. The very opposite of capacious. Aye, there's the rub. So this beaut requires discipline. Lots of it. At the very very minimum this is what I need to carry around with me at all times: purse (I have a Prada one the size of a boat), 2 x sets of keys (don't ask), phone (obvs), ciggies (sue me), gum (stops me eating), lipbalm (or else my lips will fall off) and hairbrush (for my vile, dry, knotty excuse for hair). These things will only go in with a squeeze. And ideally, I'd also like to be lugging about with me gloves (poor circulation), brolly (this is Britain after all), tissues (I've inherited this trait off my mum), glasses (blind as a bat), sunnies (look less minging) and some reading material (you can never know enough, I find). But....when you own something akin to a piece of art masquerading as a bag something's gotta give. There's a minimalist in me somewhere, and it's time to find her :) 
What's on your bag lust list this A/W? Tell me tell me tell me!
#Guilt #Shame #Addict #Broke #InLove

SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Lovely bag! And I like your blog!

    Would you like to follow eachother?
    Please let me know ;-)

    http://fashionoase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Kelly :)
      Been following you for a while now!
      x

      Delete
  2. Ah your bag! So beautiful. I have wanted one for ages but just couldn't justify the price. So good you got 20% off too x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't justify it either!!!!!!!
      Oooops :)
      x

      Delete
  3. Ah what a beauty! I think if I ever owned a designer bag I would be too scared to actually use it, my handbags always end up ruined! I love the Proenza satchels, they're amazing xx

    Mary
    www.littlefeatherstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally terrified of using it as it goes!!

      I never do blog piccies with my 'proper' bags.....way too many accidents
      waiting to happen!!
      x

      Delete
  4. Oh my.... I love it so much that I barely breathed whilst reading this (bloody hilarious btw) post!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee :))
      Hope you are feeling a bit better my lovely!
      x

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous, love the gold detail. The leather looks so well made too.

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohh....hello namesake!
      Thanx for the follow...following you back :)

      It is TOTALLY soft and perfect!!!
      x

      Delete
  6. That bag is amazing! What a nice size and classy style. I can't imagine an outfit it wouldn't go with!

    xo,
    Mariamma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx lovely!
      It deffo goes with everything :)
      x

      Delete
  7. it is pretty fab! u kno what bag i NEED?! the LV speedy in fur!! looks soooo trashy that i love it!

    god u carry as much as i do! i have like 2 sets of gloves at mo... ive been wearing sheepskin mittens over leather driving gloves for extra warmth. my hands r always freezing... mam says it's cos i'm cold hearted but whatevs.

    good luck with the minimizing thang... i wouldn't even attempt it. on a night out i have to disperse my items across all of my friend's clutch bags cos i can't minumise even for a night. they hate me for it but love me too as i'm the supplier of deep heat spray (for feet at 3am after dancing in heels!) plasters and general hygiene supplies along with make-up! ha!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Gorge :)

      YES! Gimmie some Louis and call me happy!!
      I do double-gloves too...and double-socks (when it gets reallllly cold).

      Love your prepared-4-anything approach to a night out.....I need you with me next time :))
      x

      Delete
  8. 'Freudian face' haha. I am insanely jealous! Such a perfect bag x

    www.blondecanvas.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old Sigmund would have a field day with me!!!
      x
      PS Wanna comment on your blog doll...but Google + is foiling me!!!

      Delete
  9. Nice handbag honey, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete

© Honey Belle. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOG DESIGNS BY pipdig