15.5.13

Smooth Operator

In January 2012 I decided to finally start some much needed laser hair removal treatments. I'd been saving up forever...but little trips to Zara kept getting in the way. Ooops :) Eventually I decided to just go for it on a Pay-As-You-Go basis. I went to Courthouse Clinics and had an utterly delightful if not slightly sadistic Russian therapist. She insisted that I get zapped without the soothing use of any cold air- claiming it made the treatment more effective...still not sure about that one! Eventually I got used to the scalding heat...and ended up having eleven or twelve sessions on my bikini line and underarms. Gotta say- it's made a helluva difference to my life- and I now only need to scrape a Gillette Venus across the zapped bits when I want extra smoothness. In an ideal world I'd have progressed to some leg treatments- but lasering ain't cheap, let's face it. Soooooo.....when I read about Inhibitif recently.....I thought I'd give it a whirl. 
I bought mine at Boots and have been happily dousing myself in it for the last week or so. The bottle is glass, so it's actually quite heavy to hold in one hand whilst simultaneously trying to depress the spray nozzle thingy. The instructions are sparse- just what's written on the bottle really. Initially I thought "Hmmm...can I do this twice a day?". Not only am I excessively lazy, but I didn't like the thought of putting it on in the morning and then having to get dressed encountering the possibility of ruining my clothes. Happily this stuff dries, like, straight away. And it actually makes your skin reallly soft. In fact, I kinda prefer it to body moisturiser.
So...what is the scent like? Well...if you get a buzz off a combo of TCP & stale ciggies then this is your baby. Strangely, I'm starting to like the smell. No clue why :) So far I've seen precisely zero reduction in hair growth, but I think diligence is the key here. 
It's my birthday soon and, welllll, I'm secretly hoping for a Tria laser (if I don't get a Givenchy handbag!)- so I'd love to hear if anyone has had any experience with that...or a No! No!...or a Lumea...or any other home laser devices. Shout me a holla :) Happy Wednesday xx

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I've also bought this! Haven't tried it yet though. I ridiculously buy loads and never end up using them. I may just have to drag this one out tonight! Love your photography by the way.

    Molly
    lyonsnotes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx doll...snap....I just keep buying things from Boots...it's a disease!!

      I decided to try a filter on these piccies and thought it looked kinda nice...glad you likey :)
      x

      Delete
  2. Oh need to take a look at this in boots, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deffo check it out....it promises much....hopefully I can do a follow up post in a few weeks and report that it delivers!!
      x

      Delete

© Honey Belle. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOG DESIGNS BY pipdig